Rather than ascending to the ideas socrates begins with a purported unity given in the propositional form of opinion and proceeds to show how the opinion is partial alex prious becoming socrates is essential reading for understanding both the emergence of political philosophy and the centrality of political philosophy. In becoming socrates alex priou shows that the parmenides unity remains elusive due to scholarly neglect of a particular passage in parmenides critique a passage parmenides identifies as the hinge between the dialogues two parts and as the greatest impasse facing platonic ontology. Becoming socrates from dymocks online bookstore political philosophy in platos parmenides hardcover by alex priou
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.