Named for benjamin hicklin a nineteenth century court recorder in london england the hicklin test is an obscenity standard that originated in an english case. The hicklin test is a legal test for obscenity established by the english case regina v hicklin 1868 at issue was the statutory interpretation of the word obscene in the obscene publications act 1857 which authorized the destruction of obscene books. Progression of the hicklin test in the united states main article obscenity united states obscenity law the hicklin rule was utilized up until the 1950 when it was eventually abandoned for the the new test under roth v united states. Email this article email address hicklin test
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.